I'm sure you wouldn't, but:

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Check

Wednesday 20 July 2011

boast

my Twitter chums alerted me to this and while every word is undoubtedly more than true and long over-due I can't help being very pleased and very touched and very grateful. For this dear site PlayPennies loves me and this is what they said:

This week PlayPennies loves… Country Lite.

I’m not really sure how to describe this blog to you but I properly LOVE. IT!

It’s an anonymous one so I can’t tell you much about the family who star in it, but I do know it’s written by ‘Milla’ and she’s a Pisces.

“What’s the point then?” I hear you wonder?

Well, for starters if you want to read some fabulous writing then you can tick box number one – heck, you might even have to refer to the dictionary now and again if you weren’t brought up in a big word obsessed and ‘look it up!’ household like I was.

I never thought I’d read the words ‘maelstrom’ or ‘homunculus’ in any of the blogs among the Tots 100 index, but there they were; joy and rapture filled my heart.

Agony, pain, laughter and empathy also featured alongside the joy and rapture, as I read the 'Beep' post featuring ‘maelstrom and homunculus’ – don’t be put off by the words, you’ve been in exactly the same situation and you too will feel the author’s pain, as I did.

I love slave-driving, and clearly an entreprenurial visionary, F12 (I CAN tell you that F12 is ‘the son’), who, judging by his head for figures and business profits in the 'Work' post, could be a Lord Sugar of the future!

This blog is like a collection of observations and fleeting life situations, told with such witty eloquence that you 1) wish you could write like that and 2) resolve to try, immediately!

And as a result I should already have been in Milton Keynes a couple of hours ago, mooching around the shops with my teenage daughter, musing on whether we should get an ice cream even though we’ve only just had lunch.

Be warned, this is a blog with magical time machine powers; hours feel like minutes and when you’ve finished reading, you’ll have no idea where the time has gone.


So, that was nice.

20 comments:

Trish said...

Couldn't have put it better myself. Reading your posts is always a joy.

Maggie Christie said...

Hear, hear. Thoroughly well-deserved and lovely praise.

Fennie said...

it is definitely time for a Milla blog collection, available on Amazon. Just the thing for your knapsack or to serve as a stocking filler. The challenge would be not to read it in one sitting. Maybe it could come with a health warning. Readers are advised to bandage their sides before commencing to read this book and an exculpation (if that is the right long word) 'No dogs or children were actually harmed during the writing of these pieces.' I'll but one Milla. You've sold your first copy. You can come to Hay and promote it.

nuttycow said...

And well deserved too Mrs M!

Fred said...

About feckin' time......

I'll buy the book, but you've always known that.

Elizabeth Musgrave said...

What have those of us who have known you virtually for longer been saying for ages Mrs C? Huh?
I'll buy the book too.

Expat mum said...

So humble!
I'm glad you have this affirmation, as you're always so bloody quick to dismiss praise. Well done.

Edward said...

I think PlayPennies rather understated the appeal. But kudos to you, obv.

Tattieweasle said...

Well then? It's now in writing. Official. Are you going to get on with it? Are you getting the book out? We, your loyal fans, are waiting with bated breath....(though please note not holding it as would probably expire before had chance to get it delivered from Aamazon!)

Chris Stovell said...

Came over to congratulate you and saw previous post. Hurray! All power to Vasily Hutz and the barette maker!

Sarah said...

Fantastic praise for magnificent writing! I have shown "Beep" to everyone I know - I hope your stats are through the newly tiled roof! And thanks for recent re-tweet - I climbed to the giddy heights of having 21 looks at my mutterings....I almost reached for a hankie. Thx again x

Calico Kate said...

That was really nice! And so true. :)
CKx

mountainear said...

Yep, I love it too. Who's a clever gal then?

Sweet Lily said...

Wonderful! Fantastic!
Keep it coming!!

Carah Boden said...

Go, girl, go!
Well done, and hear hear to all of the above comments.
xx

Kitty said...

Oooooh, squeeeal! How very exciting! Good on yer girl, every word well deserved. PlayPennies obviously has excellent taste.

CAMILLA said...

Fantastic news Milla honey.! I have always said you are a brilliant writer, about time that book will now be published, very well deserved Milla.

xx

Sordel said...

Less boasting, more posting please. The progeny must be back at school now surely?

Kerri @ baby monitors online said...

Just got to say that the post on playpennies website is very true! You write very well, and if you don't already you should have a shot at writing books :)

Anonymous said...

I am not surprised you received such high praise. I like your blog, too, even if you are a bit harsh on the poor old dog (only in the literal sense, I am sure).

I may start my own blog and have it feature words you used for which I subsequently had to reach for a dictionary. :)